Individual who intends to visit Bangladesh is required to apply for a Bangladeshi Visa at least 30 days before the trip.
Steps in Brief:
- Apply online for visa (only at the website: https://www.visa.gov.bd/)
- Print the filled in PDF visa application with BARCODE
- One copy of the recent passport size photograph with white background, face uncovered, glass removed (Size : 37mm×37mm)
- Keep your original and valid passport handy (validity at least six months)
- Make payment for visa processing fee by Bank Transfer Only. Take a print out of the proof of payment and attach with the visa application.
- Submit the application along with supporting documents required for a specific visa category (mentioned below)
- An applicant without Mauritian nationality applying for a Bangladeshi visa from Mauritius must submit the valid visa/residence permit for staying in Mauritius.
- Submit the printed application to the High Commission in person. No hand written / electronically filled in pre-downloaded visa application is accepted.
1. Visa processing fee:
a) Single entry- 600 MUR
b) Multiple entry-1200 MUR
2. Bank account details of the High Commission:
Mauritius Commercial Bank
Account Name: Bangladesh High Commission
Account Number: 000441632904
- The High Commission reserves the right to approve or reject any application for visa without providing any explanation.
- The information you provide will be inserted in the Machine-Readable Visa (MRV), so please fill in the form carefully. The High Commission will not be responsible for any mistakes while you apply for the visa.
- If required, you may be called for an interview by the Visa Officer.
- The Visa Officer may request you for additional documents in connection to your application.
- Issuance of visa may be delayed if it requires a clearance from the Government of Bangladesh.
- Visa fees are received for processing your application. Hence, visa fees are non-refundable even if an application is rejected or withdrawn or a different category of visa is issued.
- Visa policies and decisions are subject to change following updated policies, and directives of the Government of Bangladesh.
Primary Required Documents for Visa:
- Invitation letter from a Bangladesh resident with proof of address in Bangladesh+ copy of NID/Passport of the inviter. Invitation from an organization on its letter head pad will do as well.
- Hotel Booking (if applicable)
- Flight booking
- A letter of Invitation from the business partner / organization in Bangladesh with its TIN certificate in Bangladesh.
- A letter from the business organization s/he represents enclosing a copy of the business registration certificate with the government.
- A letter of employment from the employer in Bangladesh.
- A letter of concurrence/recommendation from the concerned Ministry/Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA)/Bangladesh Export processing Zone Authority (BEPZA) of the Government of Bangladesh.
- Letter of Acceptance from the educational institution in Bangladesh
- Funding related documents
Tablig Jamat Visa
- Letter of introduction from the Local Tablig Jamat Markaz.
- Letter of introduction from the Tablig Jamat Markaz in Bangladesh.
|Visa for any other
- Relevant documents originated from Bangladesh / Mauritius.
Spouse/Family of visa applicant for any visa category
- Proof relation with the main applicant.